Tuesday, 20 December 2016

My Favourite Albums of 2016

I actually cannot believe that 2016 is coming to an end! Can you believe that it's almost a whole decade since the start 2007? Crazy!
So, this post is dedicated to the albums I've been loving this year. In my humble opinion, we've been blessed this year with the music that has come out. Loads of great albums have come out, so here's 4 of my faves!

1. Who You Selling For- The Pretty Reckless 

Anyone that knows me knows that The Pretty Reckless are my absolute favourite band ever, and have been for years. (Fun fact: I'm actually going to see them in January. I'm CRAZY excited!) So, I was hella excited for this album. And I wasn't disappointed either! This one experiments with different styles a bit more than their other albums, but I think that makes it more interesting- each track has a different sound to it.
Favourites: Back to the River, Oh My God, The Devils Back & Mad Love


 


2. EVOLlution- Sabrina Carpenter
 I've followed Sabrina for forever (seriously, anyone else remember when 'Fall Apart' came out?) so seeing her grow as an artist has been lovely. She's actually a few months younger than me, so I feel like I connect with a lot of her music, and this album is my favourite of hers. It has a lot more of a grown up feel to it and is a little more 'real' than her previous album.
Also loving that the start of evolution spells love (hence it being capitalised).
Favourites: Shadows, Thumbs, Feels Like Loneliness & No Words





3. Know It All- Alessia Cara

This one is a new listen, but I'm obsessed. I was just listening to the radio when I heard 'Scars to Your Beautiful', and I loved it. Then I heard the album and I think it's amazing! The songs are so 'real', and I like her voice, has a different tone to it. I've watched a few of her interviews and she's so chill too!
Favourites: Here, Overdose, Outlaws & I'm Yours

Edit: Oops! I just realised that this album was released in 2015 lol. Oh well, its still my jam!




 4. Glory Days- Little Mix
 I must admit, I was never really that in to little mix, not my type of music, but for some reason I could listen to this album on loop forever and never get bored. It's just like sass in music form :). It's the ultimate feel-good album, and sometimes we all need a little pick-me-up.
Favourites: You Gotta Not, Power, No More Sad Songs & Nothing Else Matters






I feel like 2016 has been quite a good year for music, what're your favourites? Let me know in a comment!
Until next time!
-Cait x
  Do you have any ideas of things you'd really like to see on this blog? Let me know in a comment and I'll do my best! x

No comments:

Post a Comment