Friday, 16 December 2016

The Essentials for a Simple Festive Face

With Christmas and New Year just around the corner (literally-can you believe there's only a week left?), a lot of people will be off to parties and celebrations. This time of year is super busy, so sometimes taking 2 hours to get ready just isn't an option. In this post I put together a list of essentials  for a festive makeup look, that will hopefully make this process a lot easier :)

1. A good base



I could say this about any makeup look in general, but the best place to start is with a good base- one that's not gonna cling to your dry spots, not match your neck or come off in the first hour. In my experience, matte stays on longer. My favourite is from No 7 and is the beautifully matte foundation. It's not too pricey at £14.50, but definitely has great staying power, and makes your skin look amazing! You can also get colour matched at your local boots for free which is a plus :).

2. Gold eyes


Gold eye shadow screams Christmas without being too 'out there' or complicated to put on. I recommend a cream one, as they stay on longer and they're super easy to apply, but any will do. I'm a huge fan of the Maybelline colour tattoos, particularly 'eternal gold' for this time of the year. A gold eye with some highlight and eyeliner looks fab and isn't too time consuming!

3. A festive lip



Personally, I really like a bold lip. Lipstick makes me feel confident, so I really enjoy winter colours in general, however at this time of the year, you can't go wrong with a simple red lip -classy and festive! I'll be using one from the Rimmel Kate Moss collection in 01.

4. Setting spray

Setting spray is seriously your best friend, especially if your night is a long one. Just a couple of sprays when your makeup is finished and you're set for the evening. I use one from Avon (unfortunately I can't find it online) as high end ones can be expensive, and I absolutely love it. Easy to pop in your bag too if you feel like you need to freshen up.

5. A smile :)
Cheesy but true, no look is complete without a smile :). Seriously, a smile can transform any look into a fabulous one that really suits you! Enjoy your night and the festive celebrations- they only come once a year!

I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! Did you use any of these tips? Let me know in a comment
Until next time!
-Cait x
Do you have any ideas of things you'd really like to see on this blog? Let me know in a comment and I'll do my best! x

No comments:

Post a Comment