Friday, 23 December 2016

What's in my Christmas Day Makeup Bag?

Hello!
I saw this idea over on The Makeup Directory and I thought it was a really cool idea! I don't actually go anywhere for Christmas Day, but I love to make an effort, without doing too much. It's nice to spend half an hour doing my makeup in the morning and then have the rest of the day to spend time with others, so my makeup is pretty simple, nevertheless, I thought I'd show you anyway :)

Face
I never really do much for my face anyway, and Christmas won't be much different. I like a matte face, and I suck at the whole highlight/contour/bronzer thing, so after moisturising I'll just be applying a layer of foundation and setting it with powder. I'm using my trusty ol' No 7 'Beautifully Matte' foundation and my colour is 'calico'. I've mentioned this before but I love it, a little goes a long way and it stays on all day, it's not too pricey either which is always a plus! And I'll use the Rimmel 'Clear complexion' powder in 'Transparent' to set it.

Eyes
 Eyes again will be kept pretty simple. I'm a huge fan of the Maybelline Colour Tattoos, they're super easy to work with and stay put all day without creasing up or flaking off. The two I'll be using is 'Eternal Gold' and 'Metallic Pomegranate'. 'Eternal Gold' over the lid- it's light enough to highlight the inner corner too, and 'metallic pomegranate' on the outer corner to deepen the look and bring a more wintery feel to it. This also makes it look like I put in a ton of effort when it took 2 seconds!
For mascara I'll be using the SuperShock one from Avon first on my top and bottom lashes, then using the Dramatic Lift one from No 7 on my top lashes, which I actually got as part of a free gift recently and I love. Makes your eyelashes look super long! No eyeliner as I'm terrible at it and no one needs that type of stress on Christmas!

Lips
After applying a lip balm, I've decided I'll go with a lip crayon from No 7 in 'Raspberry Red'. Bright reds don't suit me as well as wine/berry colours, so I opted for this more berry toned red. Also it's Matte, which is my favourite type of finish, and stays on really well and apply's well- what more could you ask for in a lipstick? I'm really into lip crayons at the moment, and this one is one of my faves!

I'll probably finish with some setting spray and that's it, nothing too complicated, but enough to look like I've made an effort for the big day!
Do you dress up for Christmas? If so, what's gonna be in your makeup bag for the day this year?
Until next time
-Cait x
  Do you have any ideas of things you'd really like to see on this blog? Let me know in a comment and I'll do my best! x

2 comments: