Friday, 3 February 2017

Recent Favourites

Hello!
I was going back and fourth on whether or not to do monthly favourites posts on my blog -I don't feel like I trial enough products month in month out to justify loving new things every single month. I've decided I'm just going to do them every once in a while, so don't expect them monthly. Unfortunately I'm not rich enough for that lol! (although, if monthly music favourites sound cool to any of you, let me know in a comment! I could totally do that!)
Anywho, here's what I've been loving lately:

Beauty
'Rebel' -MAC
This lipstick is right up my street. It's exactly the type of colour I like -I absolutely adore dark lipsticks! I got given it for Christmas 2015 (why does that feel like it was only a few months ago?) but never really used it. I have no idea why. I rediscovered it a few moths ago and completely fell in love with it. It's super long wearing -it goes on purple and fades to like a pink-purple colour. It also doesn't fade patchy which is fab! It's become my go-to dark lipstick for long days/nights, as it's the only one I've found that doesn't have to keep being reapplied!


Sorry for the shadow on this pic!

NYX Photoloving Primer
This is the first face primer that I've ever used, so admittedly i have nothing to compare it to, but I have noticed a big difference since I've been using it. I've just noticed that my makeup goes on a lot smoother and less patchy, and lasts a hell of a lot longer than it did before, it also doesn't cling to my dry spots as much. And, on top of that, I've found I use a lot less foundation than I used to (perfect if you've not got much money!) I think it's actually one of the best £10 ive ever spent -I don't think I'll ever go back to not using a primer! I'm definitely going to do a post all about the NYX primers I own, so keep your eyes peeled!



'What you waiting for' palette - Makeup Revolution
 I was given this for my birthday a couple years ago, and I never really fell in love with it. I tried to use it but always found something else instead. This was something I also rediscovered a few month ago and instantly loved it! It has 12 shimmery shades and 6 matte shades-making it the perfect palette to travel with or use in a rush. At the moment I'm absolutely loving the shades 'Brand New Fans' -a matte brown, I've just been wearing it and blending it into the crease, and smudging it under the eye a bit, it's great if I have about 10 mins to do my makeup lol! I've also been loving 'Sex Chromosome', -a shimmery kind of reddy/brown? and 'Wicked Style' -a matte black. Wow, I've just realised I'm into some super boring shades lol





Tanya burr eyeshadow palette in 'Midnight Smoulder' 

I've talked about this in a recent post (see here) so I won't talk too much, but i got this for Christmas and I absolutely adore it! The shadows are so blendable and easy to work with! 



Fashion
Leather jacket
I got this leather jacket years ago, and I put on
weight so couldn't fit in to it anymore. I've recently lost enough weight to fit into it again and I love it! (I realise I've said this many times in this post!) I wear it with absolutely everything! Makes me feel super confident!

Blue banana hi tops
The last fashion favourite I have is these hi tops I bought from blue banana. I actually bought them to wear to a concert (have I talked about it enough yet?), as I'd usually wear some studded boots, but as it was a standing concert, I wanted to wear something that was gonna be comfortable all night,
I feel like these really suited my outfit and just my personal style in general and I'm so happy with them! I'm definitely gonna be wearing them more often!
A super bad quality picture of the outfit I wore (Ft. my leather jacket, blue banana hi tops and 'Rebel'- Mac

Music
I thought I'd add music in because we all know how much I adore music!
Oh my god-The Pretty Reckless
House on a Hill- The Pretty Reckless
Just tonight -The Pretty Reckless
Under The Water -The Pretty Reckless
Was it really a surprise that The Pretty Reckless was gonna be on here? These are some of my absolute favourites from them, although it literally changes all the time! They're also so amazing live! I'm such a fangirl for them lol. You can read the post here.
Outlaws -Alessia Cara
I still think this is the cutest song. It's so nice to listen to when your in one of those 'meh, not happy, not sad' kind of moods. It always put me in a good mood!
'Classic' -MKTO
this is just one of those 'feel good songs', you know? It's the song I put on when I'm getting ready to go out (or sometimes just dancing in my room haha). I love it!
'Ain't My Fault' -Zara Larisson
Another song to dance around to. Name one person that can not dance when they hear this song. It's great haha!

What're your recent favourites?
Until next time!
-Cait xx

6 comments:

  1. I'd love to read a monthly music blog , love this blog post too.

    Kloes lil corner ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yeah, I adore music so I think I'll make it a thing!
      -Cait x

      Delete
  2. The NYX primer is raved about so much, I think I need to get my hands on it! Have a great weekend :)

    Trishna xx

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! My next post is dedicated to it, it's the best £10 I ever spent!
      You too, love!
      -Cait xx

      Delete
  3. Can't believe I have never bought Rebel by MAC. It's a shade I know I would wear to death during the colder months x

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely! I wear it alll the time, definitely worth the buy!!
      -Cait xx

      Delete