Friday, 10 March 2017

Makeup Revolution Salted Caramel Palette Review!

Hello!
I'm back with another eyeshadow palette review! This one's also from makeup revolution, and it's become my favourite of all time!
I got this on recommendation from a friend as she told me it's a dupe for the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette -but for £8 rather then £40!

 This is what the palette looks like, I love that it looks like a chocolate bar! It's from their 'I ❤ Makeup' range. We all know how highly I think of makeup revolution, so it's no surprise that this eyeshadow palette completely wowed me too!
This palette is absolutely perfect for everyday use, it has a selection of mattes and shimmery colours, and loads of different coloured nudes, as well as a few colours that are a little more 'out there' ('Tempt', 'Crunch' and 'Cake'). I don't own the Too Faced palette, but I've seen comparisons online (check out this one) and they do look pretty similar! Of course I don't have a spare £40 to spend on an eyeshadow palette otherwise I'd totally compare them!

L to R: 'Caramel', 'Crunch', 'Drizzle' and 'Tempt' (which I think is a great name by the way!)
Here's a swatch of my 4 most used/favourite colours from the palette. I will admit, some of the colours aren't too pigmented -it took a while to build up the pigmentation on 'Crunch', however, 'tempt' has amazing pigmentation. They're buildable enough though, so I don't think it's too much of an issue -for that kind of price you can't have it all! They're a little crumbly too, which is slightly annoying but not the end of the world!
Overall, I would say the palette is amazing for it's price. The pigmentation could be a little better in a couple colours, and the shadows could be a little less crumbly, but that's just me being picky! The colours are perfect for everyday wear (I'm in love with wearing 'Caramel' on the lid and 'Drizzle' in the crease at the minute, or just 'Drizzle' smudged all over the lid and under the eye if I'm feeling grungey!) -not to mention they smell yummy too, not exactly like chocolate, but sweet and edible all the same! I'd definitely say if you're on a budget, Makeup Revolution is the way to go! Get it from the Superdrug website here!
Thanks so much for reading!
What's your favourite eyeshadow palette?
-Cait xx
 Don't forget, you can find me on social media! Twitter|Instagram|Pinterest|Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment