Saturday, 22 April 2017

Drugstore Makeup Starter Kit: Eyes

Hello!
A post like this would've been super helpful to me a few years ago, when I was starting to get into makeup with very little money. I've already done one of these for face makeup (check it out here), but this post is gonna be all about eye makeup, and the gems you can pick up in the drugstore.
 

Primer:
Before eyeshadow, it makes a world of difference to prime your eyes. Eye primer can often be pricey (think Urban Decay - which is raved about no end in the YouTube/Blogging world). NYX, however have one that's only £5.50, and is amazing! Admittedly, I have nothing to compare it to, but I'd totally recommend it! (Find it here)



Eyeshadow:
There's tons of amazing brands when it comes to eyeshadow, the game has definitely been stepped up over the past few years! I have a couple favourites: Makeup Revolution and MUA.


Palettes are a godsend! Perfect because they have a lot of colours that go together so you can create a lot of great looks. The MUA pallete is called 'Hall of Fame' (it's actually my little sister's haha!), and it's a collection of their most popular shades. MUA's great because it's so affordable, and isn't bad quality. Obviously you're not going to get the best quality for such a low price, but it's definitely not bad. The pigmentation is great and it blends easily, the only thing I will say is that it wears off/creases easily so an eye primer underneath is a must!
The other palette is the 'Salted Caramel' Palette from Makeup Revolution's 'I Heart Makeup' range. Revolution is one of my absolute favourite makeup brands, and this palette has become my go-to palette! I've done a whole post on it here if you want to read more about it.

Eyeliner & Mascara:
I think the 'Great Lash' mascara is talked about to death in the world of YouTube and blogging -and for good reason! It has a really small wand, which is great for coating every lash -I always find with larger wands I get the mascara all over my face which is a pain! And this is only £4.99!
For eyeliner, I only use pencil to line my waterline, for this I chose this one from Rimmel, as I use it super often, and it's only £3.99! Bargain if you ask me!

Eyebrows:
These products are actually my little sisters, as I don't do my eyebrows, like ever.
Both of these are from Collection and super cheap (find the pencil here and the clear mascara here), and my sister said she loves them because they stay on all day!

That's everything!
I hope you enjoyed this and found it helpful - let me know in a comment!
What're some of your favourite on-a-budget eye products?
Until next time!
-Cait xx
Don't forget, you can find me on social media! Twitter|Instagram|Pinterest|Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment