Monday, 10 April 2017

Drugstore Makeup starter Kit -Face

Hello!
A post like this would've been super helpful for 13 year old Cait, when I was just starting to get into makeup, so I thought it would be handy to do one of these myself to help anyone that's just starting to get into makeup, or are looking for some new makeup that won't break the bank. I've decided to split this into 3 sections: Face, Eyes and Lips, as not doing so would've made this a super long post. When they're all up, I'll link the other two. I think there's a huge range of drugstore makeup to choose from (-much more than there was a few years back!) but I'm gonna narrow it down for you and show you my drugstore picks:

Primer
 Couldn't manage to get a decent picture unfortunately
We can argue until we're blue in the face about whether or not this is essential but I'd say it is. My makeup goes on so much smoother and lasts a lot longer now that I use it. NYX is the only one I've tried but I love it! It costs £10 and has lasted me months! A little goes a long way and I couldn't imagine makeup without it now!

Foundation
I have 2, because some people like to spend a maximum of £10 and some don't mind spending a little more. The first one is one from Rimmel and it's the lasting finish one. I did have a few issues when I first started using it -if you follow me on Twitter you'd know that I really didn't get on with it at all! The only thing I will say is that if you don't work quickly enough, it does go a little orangey which is a pain! The other one is of course my trusty No7 beautifully matter foundation. I adore it! I got colour matched at Boots so my shade fits my skin perfectly, and it's super lightweight and full coverage. Plus it lasts for e v e r on your skin. It's a little more pricey though at £14.50, but in my opinion, totally worth it!

Concealer:



I don't actually tend to use concealer too often, as I feel like my No7 foundation covers things pretty well, but I do have 2 that I use if I'm using a lower coverage foundation/not wearing any foundation/feeling a little more coverage that day. I'm sure you've heard of both of these tons in the blogging/YouTube world, but for good reason! For covering undereye bags, I love the Rimmel Wake me up concealer. It has a tiny bit of shimmer to make you look super awake (don't worry, you won't look like a vampire out in the sun- I love a matte face, but I still love this concealer!) and I love how well it blends and sits on the skin -and it doesn't break the bank at £5.49! For the rest of the face, I'd recommend the same as what everyone else in the beauty community would: Collection lasting perfection. I don't like this for under the eyes as it does tend to crease, but if my skins a little more angry than usual this is perfect. The only thing I don't like is the limited colour range. I'm inbetween 1&2, and the darker colours are also quite orangey, so if you happen to be an exact shade, I'd recommend getting the a shade darker and mixing the lightest colour (which doesn't happen to be the slightest bit orange!) with it.

Powder
Again, you're probably fed up to the back teeth of hearing about this product, but I love the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. It's so cheap at £3.99 and does its job well, why would anyone want to by one that's more expensive? The only thing they really could improve is the packaging. It's harrowing the amount of these that have crumbled all over my bag! I feel like transparant is a great colour to go for because it's most likely to match your skin tone, and sometimes coloured powders can cake up.

Highlight
Oops! The sun definitely shows how dirty this is!

Definitely not essential but certainly nice to have. I love Makeup Revolution's highlighters. You can buy individual ones for £3 each, but I have the palette, which costs £8 and I love it! It has 3 colours in it, which have different undertones so you can choose which best suits your makeup look, they're also pigmented without being too pigmented, so they're easy to apply. My favourite is the pink on the right side as it's the most pigmented, and if you follow my Twitter, you'll know I love a good highlight! Plus Makeup Revolution palettes tend to have huge mirrors in them -handy!

I told ya this was gonna be long! I hope you enjoyed anyway!
What's your favourite drugstore makeup products?
Until next time!
-Cait xx
 Don't forget, you can find me on social media! Twitter|Instagram|Pinterest|Bloglovin'

4 comments:

  1. Ooo I'm loving the sound of these concealers, I think I'll be picking those up at the end of the month! & I've herd tons of great things about the rimmel stay matte powder but I've never actually tried it for myself so this post has definitely reminded me to grab some of that too if I come across it. The highlighters also look gorgeous, I think I may have to buy everything aha. Great post thanks for sharing :).

    Ellie Xx | www.make-it-up.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for reading and for your lovely comment! And yeah,those products really are amazing!
      Have a lovely day!
      -Cait xx

      Delete
  2. Aw what a lovely post, can tell you've put a lot of effort in to this post and the photos included, I love many of these products and would 100% recommend this for starters x

    ReplyDelete