Tuesday, 25 July 2017

Full Face With Old Favourites

Hello!
So, I watched Velvetgh0st's video on the same topic and loved it! (You can find the video here), and it got me thinking about the makeup I used to love and use on a daily basis, and I thought it might be fun to do the same thing but in blog post form. :)


Concealer
Alrighty, so for years I was scared of using foundation, I was worried that it'd look cakey/orange/be too heavy on my face, so I went straight to concealer.

I, along with the rest of the blogging/youtube world, used the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. I actually still really like it, although I've moved on to other concealers, I think this'll always be one that I'll come back to, just like everyone else says, it's super cheap and has high coverage for the amount you pay. I was surprised at how smooth it went on and how long lasting it is. I used to just put it under my eyes and around my nose, applied with the ecotools foundation brush. It actually did a great job at concealing :).

Powder
After concealer, I'd just go straight to powder and be done with my face makeup. It was a simpler life back then. I'd use the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.

This is a product I think I'll forever love. I loved the matte look back then, so I'd cake this all over my face, making sure to add extra on my T-zone for good measure :). To apply it, I'd use the Studio powder brush from Superdrug, which I also still use to this day, although I definitely use less now ;)

Eyeshadow



 Damn I remember raving about these for ages!
 These were my absolute favourites! I had quite a few, but as you can tell, this one got a lot of use! I wore it every day for at least a year, I'd use a finger to put it over my eyelid, and then use the side of my finger to blend it a little . I do still think it's good but creases easily, and is very thick, so you get, sort of clumps on your eyelid. I found this quite hard to work with.

Eyeliner and Mascara
After putting on eyeshadow, I'd line my waterline, curl my lashes and put on mascara. I'd use the Supershock ones from Avon, I swore by that mascara for God knows how long. I'd hate to think how much money I've spent on it lol.

I actually don't like the eyeliner any more, it irritated my waterline, and was difficult to apply on the waterline because it smudges easily. The mascara, though is something I can still get behind. Despite being in my drawer for ages, it still made my lashes look fab. There was a reason I repurchased it so may times!

Lips
For the longest time, dark lipstick was my thaang. I wore it every day, but this one from Avon was always my favourite, and I reckon I wore it at least 2/3 times a week for a looong time.

It's still one of my favourite lipsticks, I love it for the staying power it has, and the colour is beautiful, although I wear more liquid lipsticks and nude lipsticks now, I think this is one that I'll definitely be wearing more often now. It goes on so nicely! The only thing, is that it is a bit drying, but what can you expect from a matte lipstick?

That was all the makeup I used to wear, easy huh? Honestly, I think I had the right idea, this took me like 10 mins, I spend at least half an hour, maybe more on my makeup each day now.
I will say, though, a good highlight makes selfies a lot easier, you don't wanna know how long it took to get this picture, and I'd say this was a 4/10, if I'm being generous.
How has your makeup changed over the past few years, did you used to use any products that you don't anymore? Has your routine completely changed? If you do this or something similar I'd love to give it a read! Let me know in a comment!
Until next time!
-Cait xx
Are you following me on social media! Twitter|Instagram|Pinterest|Bloglovin'

5 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I had the rose gold version of that eyeshadow, and definitely used it all up. My version of this would involve an Urban Decay glitter eyeliner pencil, haha.

    xx
    Emily
    emilyhallock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! If you want to use this idea, let me know,I'd love to give it a read! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment lovely, have a lovely day!
    -Cait xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cait! Loved reading this start to end, you've convinced me to do my own post on my old faves! I also absolutely love that collection concealer- it's a miracle product for blemishes and dark circles! Swear by the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder too, does the job well as I have oily skin.
    Have a lovely weekend, Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the best comment I've ever recieved! Thankyou so much for taking the time to read lovely, it means so so much!
      I hope you have the best weekend too!
      -Cait xxx

      Delete