Tuesday, 11 July 2017

Monthly Playlist: July 2017

Hello!
It's been a while since my last monthly playlist, so I thought it was time for another as these are my faveee and I get to put a little update at the start :)

These past couple months have been a rollercoaster: I started a placement for my course at college and ended up staying as a volunteer because I love it there so much, took my little sister to see The Vamps (they were actually super good live -and Sabrina Carpenter was a support act - I've always wanted to see her live- it was incredible!)

It was an incredible night, spent with my friend Emma and my little sister Shannon!

Had to get some wristbands didnt we :)
Finished college, and had a ton of new music to enjoy. I also finally got my reading festival ticket, so I'm definitely going (I'm so so excited it's literally like all I think about. Halsey and The Pretty Reckless are gonna be there and I am PUMPED!) Oh, and I also tried the birthday cake flavour Fab ice lollies and realised what a blessing they are (not spon, but if they wanted to, I wouldnt complain!)
Let's appreciate their beauty please :)

It's also been a tough couple months though, my mental health took a turn for the worst (If you follow my Twitter, you'll have probably noticed lol) and I found myself in a pretty bad situation. I'm currently having regular doctors appointments (and now have a new possible diagnosis, which is scary), so I am working to get back on track. It just feels like there has been so many highs and lows in the past 2 months that it's been exhausting. Balancing working more and volunteering is getting hard while having to keep a check on my mental health, but the good thing is, I'm managing now. I'm incredibly lucky to have the best and most supportive people in the world, and they're helping me start to see that things will be okay, and that although this tunnel feels incredibly dark and lonely, there is light and hope, and it's possible to get to the end :).
Blog posts might not be regular for a while whilst I try to figure everything out, but I gonna try my very best to not leave for this long again. I'm gonna aim for once a week.

Anywho, now that's out of the way, I'm gonna get started with the songs I've been loving. Sit tight, this'll be long, there's been tons of new releases. My ears have been very happy :)

Bad at Love- Halsey
Alone - Halsey
Don't Play - Halsey
Strangers Halsey ft. Lauren Jaurgui
Sorry - Halsey  Can you tell that Halsey finally dropped her new album? We've been waiting for SO long and she definitely didn't dissappoint! These are my most played songs from the record, but I'm in love with all her songs! As expected, her songs are super real and raw, which is what I look for in music, 'Sorry' definitely brought up my 'hay fever' its so relatable to me, I think if you added up the times I've cried while listening to it, It'd have been at least a day lol
O.D.D -Hey Violet
My Consequence - Hey Violet
Powerless - Waterparks
Stupid for You - Waterparks Okay, so my best friend has an amazing music taste,she recently introduced me to Waterparks and Hey Violet and I'm in love. These are some of my favourite songs from their albums. I love music with a meaning (which if you've seen any of my other music posts, you'll already be aware) and you can hear the passion behind the lyrics from both of these bands. I'm actually going to see Waterparks in September -how exciting!
Down- Fifth Harmony I've always loved them, but who wasn't woried when Camilla left? But honestly it looks like they're doing just fine! Who else is pumped for their album?
I Have Questions - Camilla Cabello That being said, I am digging this song, not so much the other one, and I've seen videos of her performing some of her new tracks and I have to say I'm not that into them, but 'I Have Questions' brings out all the tears - so much emotion!
Like That - Bea Miller - We were finally blessed with chapter 2: Red! I'm in love, and this is my fave from the album, I definitely don't bop to his when I'm home alone *blushes*.
Can We Dance?- The Vamps
Last Night- The Vamps how could I see them live and not come back with a few favourites? These are proper bops mannn! Also isn't 'Last Night' just the anthem for teenagers everywhere?
Thumbs- Sabrina Carpenter I've loved this song since the album came out, but she's so good at singing it live so it's been on repeat since the concert!

Those have been my favourites recently, what music have you been into?
Until next time!
-Cait xx




No comments:

Post a Comment