Saturday, 22 July 2017

My Current Makeup Favourites - July 2017

Hello!
So, it's been over a month since I blogged about makeup, and considering that's why I started this blog in the first place, I didn't think it'd be out of place to come back at ya with one this week!
I wanted to share some favourites with you, because they've changed a lot recently, I've been using products I didn't before as I've been too broke to buy any more lol, and I've rediscovered some gems!
 Lets get started then, shall we?

Real Techniques Bold Metals Eyeshadow Brush- 200

 Alrighty, so as much as I (and the rest of the blogesphere) love Real Techniques brushes, when they came out I didn't even give these a second look as they were waaay too expensive for my budget! I was lucky enough to get the eyeshadow set for my birthday this year, and lemme tell ya, there's a reason the whole beauty community fell head over heels in love with these babies. They're so soft! I use this one to put lid colours on and blend them into the crease and it blends like a dream! Also, they're so pretty! which is enough to draw me in! :)

Mac Strobe Cream in Silver
 Alrighty, so I got this as a sample when getting their foundation and setting spray and didn't really think too much of it but oh my god I've been missing out! This little pot is not even half done and I've been using a hell of a lot of it recently, a little goes a looong way! It can be used as a moisturiser or a cream highlight and I love it for both. Recently I've been using it as a moisturiser because cream highlight doesn't sit well on my skin *sigh*, but if it did, this would be my highlight of choice erry day! It's basically a moisturiser with a lotta shimmer and I am digging it. Seriously, who needs 8 hours sleep when you can fake that glow?

NYX and Rimmel lipsticks
Top: 08 by Rimmel Kate Moss, Bottom: 'Rome' by NYX
Okay, so by now it's no secret that I love NYX, I only own a few more wearable colours (see this post for the fun colours I own!), but I always come back to this one. 'Rome' is a little too dark to be considered neutral but I'm a dark lipstick lover, so this is pretty light for me. I love it because it applies so easily and is super long lasting, great for those busy days that you don't have time to touch up your makeup every hour. This will forever be a favourite I think!
The Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 08 was the first ever neutral lipstick I ever bought. Sounds silly but I was always scared of neutrals, dark lipstick was my thing, so I guess it was the change. Dark lipstick was like applying confidence every day, so when I first bought this lipstick it took some getting used to. Now, though, I love it! Great for days when I don't wanna have to worry about my appearance, because even if it comes off (which it can do because it's creamy), it does so in a way that it doesn't look obvious. I also wear a lot of matte lipsticks, so I love this for if my lips are dry.

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
 This mascara was all the rage a few years ago, and I never bought into the hype, after trying a couple mascaras that I was promised by bloggers and YouTubers would be amazing, but they just clumped my lashes and ran halfway down my face, I never bothered to listen to their opinions regarding mascaras, so I stuck with my firm favourite. I actually picked this up because I was suuuper broke a few months ago and this was one of the cheapest mascaras, and boy, do I love it! It makes your lashes really long, and I love the small brush, it means that you can get every lash, without worrying about getting it alll over your eyelid. It's also only a fiver which is amazing!

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation
I struggled at first with this one, I actually hated it when I first got it, I thought it was too thick and didn't blend well. Fast forward a few months and I wear it daily. It was thick because I was using too much- a little goes a long way! As for the 'full coverage' claim, it's coverage is amazing. I do still like to use a concealer under my eyes, because the coverage isn't comparable to more high end foundations, but for a drugstore foundation the coverage is the best I've tried. It's also super light, I can't feel it on my skin which is a huge plus point for me. I won't use a foundation if it feels too heavy.

Makeup Revolution Highlighting Palette

Everyone knows this is a firm favourite of mine, I adore it, and talk about it a lot! It's so cheap (£8!) and amazing quality. My favourites are the one on the left and the one on the right, they blend so nicely and give the most amazing glow. They go so well with the Mac Strobe cream!

I have another favourite too, My friend recently started a YouTube channel and I'm in love! It'd mean the world if you had a spare few mins just to check out her channel, she really deserves it! check it out here


That's it for my current makeup faves, what're your favourite makeup pieces? I'd love to know, I'm always on the hunt for new products to try!
Until next time!
With love, as always
-Cait xx


4 comments:

  1. I love rimmel foundations, there so affordable but also great quality! xx

    Sinead | www.subjectbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely are!
      Have a wonderful day!
      -Cait xx

      Delete
  2. Ahhh such beauties, I'd love to try that highlighting palette! Love your blog :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh let me know what you think of it! I think it'll become your new fave! :)
      Have a nice day hun!
      -Cait xx

      Delete