Saturday, 5 August 2017

FREE Makeup Brushes Review

Hello!

A couple weeks ago, the wonderful Liz (blog link here, Twitter link here - her tweets are hilarious!) blogged about an amazing Amazon find. A set of makeup brushes for £4.99, with an offer for £4.99 off, making them free! Figuring I had nothing to lose, I decided to get some, although I didn't expect them to be magical for £4.99. Unfortunately the offer is no more, but £4.99 is a damn good price for some makeup brushes, so I thought I'd review them and make the interwebs aware of my thoughts on them!
As they were only available if you have prime, they came super quickly with guaranteed next day delivery and came with a lovely pouch to keep them in. It's so soft, kinda has a velvety feel and I am diggin it!
And lets just talk about the colour of these beauties. Major unicorn feels!

When they came, the first thing I thought was 'wow, they're so soft!' Seriously, I'd say the softness was on par with the Real Techniques brushes I have! Seriously impressed!
The set comes with 10 brushes
I'm not quite sure what a blooming brush is, but theres a nice range of brushes, and I'm a sucker for big, fluffy crease brushes!
 Naturally, the day after I got them, I just had to try them out, I did a super simple neutral eye, and I fell in love. They're just so soft! And they're amazing for blending! I used the eyeshadow brush, tapered crease brush, large tapered crease brush and the eye shader brush. The only criticism I have is they're not very dense, which means that it took a while to build up the colours to something I liked as the brushes only picked up a little bit of colour at a time. They also don't have the names of the brushes on the brush handles which is a little frustrating (or is that just the blogger in me coming out?)
Overall, I think these brushes are amazing. The offer to get them free has ended now, but you can buy them here for £4.99 ehich I think is a great price for 10 quality brushes! (And just look at them, brushes this pretty can go for so much more!)
Thanks so much for reading! Do you have these brushes? What did you think?
Have a great day!
Until next time,
Cait xx
 Are you following me on social media! Twitter|Instagram|Pinterest|Bloglovin'

7 comments:

  1. Yay! They are SO soft aren't they 😍 I used a few the other day. No idea what brush is for what but I went for it. 😂 The brush name rubbed off some of my RT brushes and I was lost FOREVER. WHAT ARE THEY FORRRRRR? ANYWAYS.. AHEM. Cough. I'm glad you dig them! Excellent for free but def worth a fiver imo!

    Liz x
    http://lizzumsliveslife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They reall are I was so surprised! I just go for it to, I wouldn't have even found out if it wasn't for my post lol but they blend colours so well! And definitely worth a fiver!
      -Cait xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They really are, I love them!
      Thanks so much for reading and taking the time to comment!
      Have a great day!
      -Cait xx

      Delete
  3. They are sooooo pretty! I can't believe you managed to get them for free - that's amazing! You'll enjoy using them even more knowing they didn't cost you a thing! Great find!

    Charlene McElhinney
    @blogabtnothing1
    www.charlenemcelhinney.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really are. and I definitely will! £5 is still an amazing price though!
    Have a lovely day hun!
    -Cait xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a great deal! I love eye makeup brushes and have WAY too many of them x

    ReplyDelete